- Post Doctoral
MIT Unit Affiliation:
- Mechanical Engineering
Post Doc Sponsor / Advisor:
Date PhD Completed:
Top 3 Areas of Expertise:
Expected End Date of Post Doctoral Position:
Solid Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, Constitutive Modeling, Hardening and Anisotropy.
From summary chapter of my thesis:
The outstanding accuracy of simulations of highly anisotropic material behaviour
using non-AFR based yield models is shown in my dissertation. Nonetheless,
implementation of such models combined with a mixed hardening model in a fully
implicit backward Euler scheme is a laborious task. Therefore, to alleviate the degree
of difficulty of implementation, a simplifying approach is proposed which gives rise
to a considerably easier fully implicit scheme without significant loss of accuracy.
Another part of this dissertation is attributed to the implementation and evaluation of
various numerical integration schemes. Both implicit and explicit schemes have been
implemented. The choice for explicit schemes could be motivated when (for instance
in industry) simple integration and high simulation speed are desired. However, it
remains essential to investigate the accuracy of the final results.
5 Recent Papers:
- Safaei, M., Yoon, J.W., De Waele, W. (2014). “Study on the definition of equivalent plastic strain under non-associated flow Rule.” International Journal of Plasticity, 58: 219–238.
- Safaei, M., Lee, M.-G., Zang, S.-l., De Waele, W. (2014). "An evolutionary anisotropic model for sheet metals based on non-associated flow rule approach." Computational Materials Science 81: 15-29.
- Safaei, M., Zang, S.-l., Lee, M.-G., De Waele, W. (2013). "Evaluation of anisotropic constitutive models: Mixed anisotropic hardening and non-associated flow rule approach." International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 73: 53-68.
- Khalili, K., Safaei, M., (2009). “FEM analysis of edge preparation for chamfered tools.” International Journal of Material Forming 2(4): 217-224.
Selected International Presentations
- Safaei, M., Waele, W.D, Yoon, J.-W. (2013) 19th Plasticity and its Current Applications, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Safaei, M., De Waele, W., Zang, S.-l. (2012) ESAFORM, University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- Safaei, M., Waele, W.D. (2012) AMPT, Conference Wollongong, Australia.
- Safaei, M., De Waele, W., Zang, S.-l. (2012) 18th Plasticity and its Current Applications, Poerto Rico, USA.